Read Ethernet/IP Parameters from PowerFlex 40 Drive use Anybus-X-Gateway

Hi,

I have a Rockwell Powerflex 40 drive that needs to be controlled using a Koyo PLC that can only do Modbus. The Powerflex 40 drive is connected to a remote HIM and uses the onboard port that can do modbus. The only alternative now is to control via Ethernet/IP using the 22-COMM-E adapter card on the VSD. To do this I am making use of the Anybus-X-Gateway Ethernet/IP Scanner to Modbus RTU Slave device.

I have been able to get the Anybus to communicate according to the LED indicators on the gateway. This was done by adding the connection points and Data sizes into the Scan List configuration of the Anybus as found on p41 of the 22-COMM-E adapter user manual.

The problem is that I get no data back from the drive and further more need to read other parameters such as current, dc bus voltage, etc. Contacting Rockwell and Anybus hasn't resulted in any success. Anybus refers me to the manufacturer and Rockwell indicated that explicit messaging should be used, which isn't possible as far as I am concerned.

Anybody tried this before or have any suggestions or is this plainly not possible.

Hello Teaan,

The Ethernet/IP Scanner does not support explicit messaging. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your inquiry.