Micrologix 1000 Connection Problems

Hello everyone. I'm fairly new to PLCs. I took some programming classes in college back in 2000 and haven't done a whole lot with anything other than RS5000 since then.

I recently bought a Micrologix 1000, 1761-L32BWA off of ebay, which may or may not have been a mistake. I am trying to connect to it now. I am using the free version of RSLogix Micro Starter Lite, Version 8.30.00.

I have RSLinx Version 2.57.00.14 CPR 9 SR 3.

I bought a cable (USB 1761-CBL-PM02) which is USB to RS232.

I am having problems connecting.

I created a driver in RSLinx, which is RS232 DF1 Devices.

When I go to RSWho, I can see the processor. If I expand the tree, I can see teh processor, labeled: 00, Workstation, DF1-COM4.

When I try to go online, I get a popup window that says: "No Response from Processor at selected path/node"

If I try to upload, I get the same thing.

Any ideas why I can't communicate with this thing? 🔨

Thanks in advance!

The '00' node is your own computer. If it saw the PLC it would clearly label it as another entry and as a Micrologix 1000 (or it's part number)

When you created the DF1 driver did you use 'Auto Configure'? Did it say it was successful?

The driver can be 'running' but not have the correct communication parameters.

In the attached picture make sure to change 'COM PORT' to the actual port that your USB cable is assigned to. Use your 'System Devices' to be sure.

Make sure that 'Device' shows what is in the picture.

This wasn't attached to a PLC so don't try to set anything else, just attach to your Micrologix then press the Auto-Configure button. Watch for the results. If 'successful' then you should be good to go. Check in RSWho.

RSLinx.JPG