Sync of Two Generator (80kW KOHLER) Using Plc

Sourav Sau

I want syn of two same 80 kw generators (Gen Model--KOHLER 80EFOZDJ) using PLC. The gen is electronics engine controlled by ECU (level 14, Deere & Company). Not understood what type of load and Speed sharing unit is required. I need a controller which will check all synchronous condition and if ok then a signal to the plc. Need to adjust the freq by adjusting the rpm autometically. So please suggest for a solution.

Woodward easYgen is best - you will have to adjust speed and voltage from the easYgen - load sharing. Make sure the Kohler can accept a bias signal for both. They are toys really and it may not be possible. Working on a job set up with easYgens at the moment - 4 x 730kva sets - 11Kv.

First of all thank you for your valuable reply..

I got this message from the generator supplier.... Pasted below..

“Generators are ready for synchronization. I understand that you are going to use a 3rd party switchgear for this purpose.
In this case we just need 0,5 -4,5VDC input speed signal from the external paralleling controller to each generator.
You must use SBP (Speed bias positive) and SBN (Speed Bias negative) that you can find inside the controller box of each genset.
Droop settings will be handled by the programming-setting of the external controller you intend to use.”

So please suggest further..

Last edited:
Check the easYgen controllers manuals - they do positive negative biasing.