You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 10th, 2019, 02:00 AM   #1
dcam
United States

Panel View Alarm

I recently upgraded a SLC5/03 to a 5/05 for networking purposes. Everything is working perfectly except i cannot get rid of this reoccurring message. Went through comm config on processor and panel.....cant figure out why this alarm is happening. The panel view V5.1 was changed out when i upgraded processor to another PVP v5.1.

DF1river failed to autoconfig COM1: and therefore will not start. Please verify cab*
Old January 10th, 2019, 08:40 AM   #2
A_G
United States

Maybe test it with the new PLC and the old HMI and see if you get the error then?
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:43 AM   #3
Firejo
United States

So a lot more information would be needed to figure out why you are getting the alarm. What is the error message you are getting? Is the PV connected via DF1 to the SLC? If so, that's where I'd start.
Old January 10th, 2019, 11:22 AM   #4
Geospark
Lifetime Supporting Member
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcam
I recently upgraded a SLC5/03 to a 5/05 for networking purposes. Everything is working perfectly except i cannot get rid of this reoccurring message. Went through comm config on processor and panel.....cant figure out why this alarm is happening. The panel view V5.1 was changed out when i upgraded processor to another PVP v5.1.

DF1: Driver failed to autoconfig COM1: and therefore will not start. Please verify cab*
I am assuming here that when you changed from an SLC 5/03 to an SLC 5/05, you also changed to Ethernet communications between the SLC and the changed PanelView terminal? And that the original communications was using DF1 Serial protocol?

If so, then it's most likely that the PanelView application still has a DF1 driver configured under RSLinx Enterprise which is now doing nothing (except giving you headaches).

In FactoryTalk View Studio, go to RSLinx Enterprise>Communications Setup> Runtime (Target) tab. See if there is a DF1P2P, Serial-DF1 driver and, if you are not using DF1 with the PanelView anymore, do one of two things -

Right-click the DF1 driver and go to Properties
Uncheck Use Auto-configuration

OR

Delete the DF1P2P, Serial-DF1 driver

Recreate the 5.1 application and reload it to the PanelView terminal and make sure when starting up you choose to replace the communications on the terminal with the settings in the application.

41928 - DF1: Driver failed to auto configure Com1: and therefore will not start
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

Last edited by Geospark; January 10th, 2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old January 11th, 2019, 03:23 AM   #5
dcam
United States

the exact error mess is in the original post?
Old January 11th, 2019, 03:48 AM   #6
dcam
United States

Geo spark, thank you for helping me out. Still newish to panel view. Disabled and gone.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum