Citect Cicode symbol animation

dmned64

I am thinking through a Cicode function or task that will do the following:

- monitor the status of bit1 and bit2
- if bit1 is 1 and bit2 is 0 animate a symbol at ANx to flash yellow
- if bit1 is 1 and bit2 is 1 have the same symbol display solid green
- if bit1 is 0 and bit2 is 0 have the same display display solid grey

bit2 would never equal 1 unless bit1 is also 1.

I am trying to write a Cicode function or task using DspSym and DspSymAnm but not having much success. I am not sure where the Cicode should reside and how it should be called. Is it in a Cicode file or a Cicode object on the graphics page?

With a little perseverance I figured it out. I have a Cicode object on my page that calls and passes arguments to a custom function I wrote to perform the animation. It's doing exactly what I wanted.

Another method would be to use a multistate Symbol set or array symbol set - I have assumed Bit1 and Bit2 are Variable tags

Another method would be to use a multistate Symbol set or array symbol set - I have assumed Bit1 and Bit2 are Variable tags
I looked at, and have used, multistate animation but I couldn't imagine how to make one of the states blink or flash and have the other states have non-flashing symbols.

I have a similar application where symbol color needs to be steady for some states and flashing for other states. Any solutions please dmned64?