OT: What will they think of next?

cables

Audio cables are fun to play with. This just shows its getting worse. My new stereo sales person told me I needed #12 speaker cable. I told him he is nuts. He was going to do me a favour and sell me cable at "cost" $425.00. I bought what I needed plus 30 feet for $125.00. It was # 12 speaker cable at a discount electronic store. Even Radio Shack (the source) sold the cables in reels of 15 and 30 feet for under $30.00.
Model: PPSJ30 | Catalog #: 55033960 $27.99 This is 30 feet. Even at this price it was less than half. LOL :)

Way out of my price range. Still using a $5 stereo from a garage sale with cat5 for speaker wire and 4 speakers I removed from the doors of my 96 Blazer after my daughter totaled it for good the 2nd time around. 1 wire does all 4 speakers. My only complaint is when you're in the middle of a good song and it jumps to the next track.

Add a "Clever Little Clock" into the equation and you should have the ultimate audio system. You might even be able to add time travel to your systems capabilities.

P.T. Barnum was right about what?

The phrase:
"There's a sucker born every minute."
is often attributed to P.T. Barnum. The phrase Barnum was right, is almost always a reference to this phrase.

But, it seems there is some controversy on whether it actually is a P.T. creation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's_a_sucker_born_every_minute

At this point it doesn't matter. He will forever be remembered as the author and "Barnum was right" will almost always refer to this quote.