ge 90-30 logixmaster, cimplicity

cdyer

got a huge problem with a 90-30 on a stator welder we got from a mexico company. we do not use GE plc's in our plant it is all allen Bradley for us. the problem we have is the quickpanel jr is saying , no comm with plc. we have a copy of the logixmaster software, but from what can can figure out is that one possible program was wrote in versapro software and the other was cimplicity. so my question is that if the program was made using versapro or cimplicity the logixmaster software we have will not do us any good?

Correct. The GE products are upgradable, but not downgradable. If you use a newer version, you must keep using that version, or a higher one.

Proficy is your best bet at this point. Pricy for one device, though. A contractor (or a good friend!) is a safe bet for one time troubleshooting. Otherwise, Proficy will do it. It's huge advantage is being able to do PLC and HMI using the same points, in the same program. I like it a lot for that reason alone.

Once you get it, load the PLC, then the HMI program into Proficy/Cimplicity. Once you save the project, you will be up to date. Chances are you will have to download to the PLC and probably the HMI once the import is done. Then the correct flags will be set letting you go online.