OT: Ethics

Okie, good to see you have calmed down a bit, it is my experience with owners and management that they talk the talk until the dollars start flying. I think that yes this was a safety infraction, luckily no one got hurt, luck it was because they did not follow procedure. At this point if there is no disciplinary result to the two who did this, then that is a accident waiting to happen. At the very least they should be reviewing procedures and training all of their people in the proper way to handle this situation.

If nothing happens then I believe the company, owners, managers, are disrespecting you, I take things personal to, I have been in this situation, when that sort of thing happens my rate would go up, it doesnt take many increases for owners to take notice, then they pass it down the line to always check with you and have more respect to prevent it from hurting them in the pocket book again.

If you cant raise your rate, then as you say dont touch copper again, you handle the programming, make them have to put a lacky electrician at your disposal all day every day because you refuse to touch the electrical parts of the machine. They will very soon get the point. Money makes everything go round, when it is not flowing the way they want they take notice.

Okie, good to see you have calmed down a bit

Yeah burying a war hero sort a put things in perspective.

If nothing happens then I believe the company, owners, managers, are disrespecting you.

I took it wrong. Sure it was disrespectful. Maybe they felt disrespected too. I guess I will have to find out Monday if I keep my job. I need to go get some medicine for my cold first, huh? Bennies go bye bye if I get fired.

Any further updates to this thread from me will cost you twenty bucks. Sorry for breaking the advertising rules, Phil, hopefully it generate at least another 40 for the site.

By the way there is a major update today for those concerned.

Paul

Last edited:
Aw c'mon man, don't leave us on a cliffhanger!
Seriously, I understand if you need to keep details of this situation off of a public forum, but I will admit to following this story with a kind of morbid fascination. And I'm hoping to hear that you have at least got an apology and some kind of reassurance from your employer that they are working to improve safety at your facility. Sounds like this may be a pipe-dream though...
If nothing else, following this thread has reminded me not to b*tch about what I sometimes think of as an overbearing safety policy at our place.

Good luck, Paul, and I hope if you have to move on down the road, it's to a place more deserving of your skills.

Cheers,
Dustin

🍻

C'mon people do I have to lead you by the nose? Can we get Ron to make a screen shot? Look at your membership... Doh!

You're a ficking moderator for Christ's Sake!

Subtle is my little brothers middle name, not mine. I am eating at teds and jumping in a creek today, i don't givafudgeabout anything else that may happen, I am sure it will be equally entertaining as every other waking moment of this Free man's life.

PS: I am going to take my crack cigarrette to the funky bunch too, and throw in a karaoke machine for good measure.

Well, as much as I like this site, coughing up 60 bucks for a website membership isn't in my budget. I need to sell something on ebay or something to run up the $.

Happy hunting, Okie.