STEP 5 , Pointer to DB Block

belph

I would need advice in design which we are currently making in Step 5.
Control system is based on Control modules which have defined structure.
However customer requested only one DB due to parametrization with HMI.
If there is only one DB all control modules have to be stored there.
In ladder logic We need to find a way how to use some pointer for adressing Control modules in that DB. Like Control module CM01 Adress 200 and CM02 adress 300.
So far we are not able to do it and could be better if someone has used this idea already. It would really save us some time.

Has anyone experienced same problem and is willing to share the way out?

Thanks,

CPU414-2DP is used. As I wrote before standard is defined in LAD, it would not matter if there is way of offsetting values in STL and use it in LAD.
Hmi visualization is WinCC Comfort V13. Also we did not find out how to do dynamic parametrization.
Any comment or hint appreciated :) !

Rusty on Step 5 but if I remember right, there is no ladder way to do indirect addressing.

Instructions such as the DO instruction which is for simple offsetting of addresses, can only be done in a Function Block, in Step 5 FB's could only be programmed in statement list.

Same as LIR and TIR and TNB and TNW for block transfers.

You could jump to a FB from a laddrer program and pass parameters for a block transfer or indirect address

Unfortunately I came across a lot of companies that stated "must be in ladder" when I worked a lot on Step 5, usually by engineers who were quite ignorant on how Step 5 worked and fed by fear of statement list.