How to find IP address for the compact logix

Caught me out a few times after a long day commissioning, make sure the USB device is connected to the virtual machine. I use VMware. It has a little icon on the 'Vm banner' to disconnect the USB device from host to the VM.

USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?...Most newer and new PCs provide USB 3.0 ports exclusively...

USB 3.0 has been supported since VMware Workstation v.8, however, only for Win8 virtual OSs.

Win7 virtual OSs USB 3.0 support is available only with VMware Workstation v.12.x or Fusion v.8.x.

USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?...Most newer and new PCs provide USB 3.0 ports exclusively...

USB 3.0 has been supported since VMware Workstation v.8, however, only for Win8 virtual OSs.

Win7 virtual OSs USB 3.0 support is available only with VMware Workstation v.12.x or Fusion v.8.x.

USB 2.0 and 3.0 in the version I'm using. VMware® Workstation 12 Player V12.5.7 build-5813279

Sharkwire

For a way to find an IP address for anything, get the free program Sharkwire. After installing it, power down the device you want to get to, turn off your wireless adapter, connect the Ethernet cable, power on the device and you will get a list of all devices trying to talk over Ethernet. It works great when someone sets the wrong default address in a brand new barcode reader.