2711-B6C8 Firmware upgrade

sifis

Banned User
I have a 2711-B6C8/B/3.15 Panelview.
I want to upgrade the Firmware to the highest possible.
I used the firmware from Panelbuilder 3.81 & I received an Error 25 (incompatible boot code).

2711-B6C8/B/3.15 frmwr upgrade.

Alright, which method of upgrade are you using? Cause that error 'should' be that the wrong file was selected...
I selected the right file.
The message says,
The Panelview is FRMWR 3.15, I am trying to upgrade to frmwr 4.46 (example).
The message says you cannot do that, because they have a different boot code(whatever that is).
So, the question is what is the highest frmwr that has the same boot code with frmwr 3.15 & where do I find it?
Thank you.

PanelView Standard terminals can be upgraded over communication port or via the ATA Flash card socket.

Which method are you using ?

I think that versions 2.00 through 4.20 shared the same boot firmware, so if you're using the communication channel you can't go higher than 4.20. I found that in RA Knowledgebase article 24267 (TechConnect Required).

You should be able to use the ATA card to load version 4.46 onto a Series B terminal.

Remember that you can't have more than one .fmw file on the root directory of the memory card (there's a syntax for directories if you want to try that) and you can't have an application (*.PVA) and a firmware file both on the card.

PanelView Standard terminals can be upgraded over communication port or via the ATA Flash card socket.

Which method are you using ?

I think that versions 2.00 through 4.20 shared the same boot firmware, so if you're using the communication channel you can't go higher than 4.20. I found that in RA Knowledgebase article 24267 (TechConnect Required).

You should be able to use the ATA card to load version 4.46 onto a Series B terminal.

Remember that you can't have more than one .fmw file on the root directory of the memory card (there's a syntax for directories if you want to try that) and you can't have an application (*.PVA) and a firmware file both on the card.
I use the ATA flash card method.
I am trying to load the frmwr from Panelbuilder32 3.81.
There is only one .fmw file on the card.
I get an error 25.
I think the problem is that the frmwr on the card is higher than 4.20.
I do not know what the frmwr is, 4.46 was only a guess.
Where can I find frmwr 4.20?
Thank you.

I use the ATA flash card method.
I am trying to load the frmwr from Panelbuilder32 3.81.
There is only one .fmw file on the card.
I get an error 25.
I think the problem is that the frmwr on the card is higher than 4.20.
I do not know what the frmwr is, 4.46 was only a guess.
Where can I find frmwr 4.20?
Thank you.
I think the 2711-b6c8/b/3.15 will accept frmwr 4.20, not higher.
Does anybody have frmwr 4.20 for 2711-b6c8/b/3.15?
Thank you.

4.20 is available as part of the PB32 3.80.00 CD. You can get this from the rockwell site assuming you have support on the serial number. Or, could ask your distributor for the fw file.

Sorry, I do not have support.

This is a perfect opportunity to go back to your A-B distributor and ask for help.

Maybe your company has been so bad about paying for support in the past that they'll tell you to buzz off unless you want to pay for a full-scale support contract.

Or maybe they'll take this as an opportunity to try to sell your company on the benefits of TechConnect or some of the other service products that Rockwell provides, and find the support contract that fits both your needs and your budget.

Or maybe they'll take this as an opportunity to just get in the door a little bit. An old PanelView firmware file doesn't cost them anything. But a guided tour of the facility and a couple of hours to discuss what sort of plans for migration, upgrade, and maintenance you have of your automation equipment is how distributors and salesmen build relationships.

I did find a list of the PanelBuilder32 / firmware bundles in the RA Knowledgebase as Article ID 34399 (Access Level:Everyone). It looks like firmware version 4.20 was included in the PanelBuilder 32 version 3.71 and 3.80 releases.

This is a perfect opportunity to go back to your A-B distributor and ask for help.

Maybe your company has been so bad about paying for support in the past that they'll tell you to buzz off unless you want to pay for a full-scale support contract.

Or maybe they'll take this as an opportunity to try to sell your company on the benefits of TechConnect or some of the other service products that Rockwell provides, and find the support contract that fits both your needs and your budget.

Or maybe they'll take this as an opportunity to just get in the door a little bit. An old PanelView firmware file doesn't cost them anything. But a guided tour of the facility and a couple of hours to discuss what sort of plans for migration, upgrade, and maintenance you have of your automation equipment is how distributors and salesmen build relationships.

I did find a list of the PanelBuilder32 / firmware bundles in the RA Knowledgebase as Article ID 34399 (Access Level:Everyone). It looks like firmware version 4.20 was included in the PanelBuilder 32 version 3.71 and 3.80 releases.
So,
Do I have access to frmwr 4.20?