Omron Screen - Micrologix 1200 PLC connection problems

Worsley

Hello all;

I'm having trouble connecting an Omron NT2ST display to an AB Micrologix 1200 PLC. I am using a 1747-DPS1 Port Splitter to allow connection of both the HMI and Prog terminal to the PLC at the same time. The message I get continuously on the Screen is PLC communication error, check PLC Power. Whoactive shows no sign of the screen. I can communicate directly to the PLC through the port splitter with my PC , but that's about it. Can anyone lend any insights into this problem?

Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum!

Check the baud rate setting on the NT2S.
Fairly sure the default is 9600.
Looks like the DSP1 expects 19.2 or 38.4.
I have used NT2S units connected directly to the 8 pin mini Din on the controller in the past.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately, everything in the setup checks out. It just doesn't work. but thanks for the suggestion though.

Hey, gtsuport - do you recall what cable you have used in the past to directly connect the NT2s to the Micrologix 1200? I can't get the damn thing to work directly either.

Thanks!

moz-screenshot.jpg
See the attached image.
This is the cable connections I have used in the past.
Hope this will help.

Last edited:
Do you know of a way to reset the Micrologix 1200 to factory defaults without going online? I no longer have the ability to get online with this PLC. Things go from bad to worse.

Not much of an AB guy anymore, but from the manual,
there is a small button under the pots on the processor.
Hold down the button for 1 second or more and Channel 0
will be reset to default.
Hope this will help.