Computer HMI Help

rvitrih

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for help on my last post. I have gone ahead and ordered the Automation Direct PLC's that I need and I am quite impressed with them. The question that I have is the project leader would like to see a human interface on a laptop or desktop computer, for testing before everything gets transferd to a HMI touchpanel. I am not sure if they are even going to go with the touchpanel or just control everything from a laptop. Is there a program that I could use to control DL05 and DL06 PLC's from a computer.

Thanks

Richard

You could try a SCADA package, there are several on the market that can be downloaded as a trial version, with time limited use. I have used the full blown LOOKOUT package from National Instruments for just the reason you stated, and I downloaded the demo. It would run for 2 hours, and then shutdown, but you could save the program and just log back in. Nice, because when we finally bought the software, the demo program just had to be finished off, and I was done. AD sells Lookout Direct, which is a PC based HMI/SCADA package (based on LOOKOUT) that works well with their PLCs. It is stripped down (and cost much less)than the full blown package. I found it easy to use.
Hope this helps.

Hmi

Hi, and thanks for the help. I have been looking around online but I am not able to find the LOOKOUT demo package. I would like to download one of these packages to try and see how it works for me before I shell out the money to actually purchase one. Could someone please post a link as to where I am be able to download a trial version of one of these HMI programs. I would prefer one that limits the time you can use it as opposed to limiting the resources available.

Thank

Richard

Hmi

HI,

Is there a simple and easy to use HMI package that I could download with a trial. I need to make a presentation in a couple of days and I don't have time for anything complicated at the moment. I would like to present what the HMI, would look like. I would also like to present what my operator interface panels will look like. What is the best option for these two.

Thanks

Richard

Red Lion's Crimson software is free and can run in Emulator mode for demo purposes without having the real hardware HMI.

Joe_WaZoo