opening WinCC project on another computer

Pandiani

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, I made a simple WinCC project (example from WinCC getting started) on my computer and I simply copied whole project from WinCCProjects folder and paste it in the same folder on another computer. I tried to open it and I get message: "the user doesn't have rights to open project". I don't know what to do. I created project on my comp as single user. Is there any cahnce to make this work on aother computer? Will simple change from single user to multi user help?
Please help me, I need to open it on another computer and I have o time to make project again from the scratch on other comp...
Thanks very much for help

Hello Pandiani;

Try this:
When you copy a WinCC program to a new PC, you must change the "Computer name" item in the "Computer" directory of your WinCC project. It must be set to the name your computer has been given on your network. If you do not know it offhand, look in the System icon from the Control Panel, and open the Network Identification tab.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thank you for the reply, but I'm afraid problem is more subtle. Actually I have three computers on two computers is installed winCC 6.0 edition 05/03 demo version and on the third (which is at my school) is installed full licenced winCC 6.0 sp2. When I copy project from the first comp to the second (both demo version) and when try to open I project I get following message:
"Configured server is not available. Do you want to open the project using local comp as server?", and have two options: yes and Cancel. When chose yes project opens and I have possibility to change computer name in my project.

However, when copy the same project on computer (Win2000) on which is installed full licenced WinCC6.0 sp2 and try to open project I get message:
"The user doesn't have rights to open project" and have only OK option. After I click on OK, project doesn't start and therefore I have no possibility to change computer name.
So problem is simply that I cannot open project to change computer name. I don't know why is that. Maybe versions, maybe windows...?
Is there anybody who had similar problem?
What could be wrong?

Thank you very much

You state that the windows 2000 PC is at your school, I assume that you are given a log on name for the school PC, I doubt if this log on gives you administrator rights, which is probably what you need to open the project.

Have a word with your tutor and see if he can get an administrator to load and open the project for you.

Paul

Thanks for reply, I did a search and found this:

http://support.automation.siemens.com/-snm-0000940208-1117761602-0000009956-0000000448-1117819373-enm-WW/skm/frameset.asp?url=%2FWW%2Fllisapi%2Edll%2F19346272%3Ffunc%3Dll%26objId%3D19346272%26objaction%3Dcsopen%26siteid%3Dcseus%26aktprim%3D0%26skm%3D1%26lang%3Den&lang=en&Query=winCC%20open%20project&SearchArea=alle&id=19346272&F11Marker=false

I can access Local groups and Groups via Control Panel-> Administrative Tools->Computer management, and here on my comp I don't see SIMATIC HMI group, but here is demo version and probably there will be SIMATIC HMI group on that computer with WinCC 6.0 SP2.
If you have any other advice pleas tell me, I'll have chance to try this on Monday.
Thank you for your help!

Pandiani

Last edited:
Wincc Unknow Error OXCO15000F

Gentelmen,
I am using wincc explorer on two system both are identical. and both were in operation. I did some changing in a system and finalize it and i copy the final projec in USB and past in other system. When i open final project in 2nd PC in WinCC it shows " Wincc Explorer Server Not available"
And then, " Do you want to open the project using the local computer as the server"

And after this my system is not more in operation when i click on "Tag Managment" system goes in held stat. Even when i creat new project Tag managment did not alowing me to add simatic S7 protocole suit.

Thanks in Advance for your help,