load profibus configuration step7

gtoka

hey guys! i would like to know how i can load all the profibus configuration between a s7-300 with a s7-200 via EM 277 profibus dp module in step7(the hw configuration is all done). I´m searching in the web and coludn´t find the tips in step7. anyone can help please? Thanks by the way

pd: i´m sending the link of all the steps i made nad is missing the load configuration in the s7300
http://plc2u.com/index.php/plc-article/plc/tip57

hey guys! i would like to know how i can load all the profibus configuration between a s7-300 with a s7-200 via EM 277 profibus dp module in step7(the hw configuration is all done).

Hello gotka;
I will apologize beforehand if I do not answer the question in a way that will help you, but I am not sure of understanding your problem exactly.
Loading the Profibus configuration in the S7-300 involves saving/compiling the HWConfig editor (the one you used to create the configuration) and then downloading the generated configuration to the CPU, also in HWConfig. Connect to the PLC MPI port with a PC Adapter, PC Adapter/USB, CP 5512, CP 5611 (also to a Profibus Port), or even Ethernet connection (if you have configured an Ethernet port on the PLC). Do not forget to set the PC/PG interface to the right interface (see the Tools menu in the main Simatic Manager window).
Loading the configuration in the S7-200 is done through Step 7 MicroWin (which yoiu have used to configure the EM 277) and a PC-PPI cable.
Both softwares have excellent online help that you can have a look at; search for "download", for example.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chart1er

Thanks dchartier for the answer, i´m sorry my english is not good but i´ll try to explain my doubt:
I need to configure a profibus dp network master slave communication.
1) CPU 314C-2DP as master
2) CPU 224 as slave
3) I´ve made the configuration with de EM Profibus DP module in STEP7 SIMATIC MANAGER
4) Wire the EM 277 with the integrated DP PORT of the cpu 314c-2dp with the profibus cable
5) Put terminator resistors ON
6) Load configuration in HW config in step 7 with all the connections mentioned
7) Load the Program Block OB1 in the s7-300
8) Load the program of the s7-200 in another pc (say laptop) with the pc/ppi cable.

My question is:
Do i need to cable the s7-200 with the pc/ppi cable to program the cpu (200) or i can do it by the computer connected to the s7-300 via mpi cable through the profibus network?

The configuration of the EM277 is only made in STEP7 SIMATIC MANAGER (addressing), or i need to do the configuration in the step7 microwin?

Thanks by the way, really appreciatte the help. Bye

You can program the 200 and the 300 via Profibus, no need to use the PPI cable for the 200. Put both devices on profibus and you can be online with both of them.

The applications I have worked with did not have the 200 integrated in Simatic Manager, the 200 was a stand-alone project in S7-200 MicroWIN. But the 300 still talked back and forth to it. That means the address in Simatic Manager can be "not important". Sorry I cannot be more specific, I am not at a programmer computer so cannot look at the old programs. Does the 200 profibus module have dip switches for addressing?

no, it only has rotary switches so you can choose the DP address of the module. I would like to know if someone had made the communication before, i think i´m addressing correctly in Vmemory of the cpu 200 but there´s no led indicators to certify that the communication is doing well.

no, it only has rotary switches so you can choose the DP address of the module. I would like to know if someone had made the communication before, i think i´m addressing correctly in Vmemory of the cpu 200 but there´s no led indicators to certify that the communication is doing well.

Hello gtoka;
I made this communication before, both with a 215-2DP slave, most recently with a EM 277.
The most confusing part of the configuration for newbies is the data exchange areas that must be setup between the 2 CPUs: they must be reversed. An output from the S7-300 Master becomes an input area for the slave, an input area for the master is connected to an output area of the slave.
See if this FAQ from Siemens makes things clear, if my explanation is confusing:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/2615830
This is a sample project with an older S7-215-2DP as a Profibus-DP slkave. Even if the hardware does not exactly match (and you can rebuild it with a EM 277 DP slave) the structure and steps remain similar.
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/6877511
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

hi dchartier, thanks for the answer and help. I made the same configuration of the virtual memory area, I understand that i have to set the output buffer (receive mailbox) and input buffer (send mailbox) in the cpu s7-200. The problem i think is that in my step7 KOP program i made the transfer of the data to the i/o input area and i/o output area like this: (2 bytes out 2 bytes in)
Receive from the master:
l------------ move ---------
vw1000-in out- aw124

Send from the master to the s7-200:
l------------ move ---------
mw0-in out- vw1002