wincc flexible 2008 and s7

gtoka

hi to all!
i am reading some manuals about wincc and they only make panel operators tutorials, i would like to know if someone has experience with pc/plc scada. I just want, for example, to create a variable in wincc workarea and address it to my plc s7-300 digital inputs, i mean how to configure it. any help would be great.
Thanks!

hi to all!
i am reading some manuals about wincc and they only make panel operators tutorials, i would like to know if someone has experience with pc/plc scada. I just want, for example, to create a variable in wincc workarea and address it to my plc s7-300 digital inputs, i mean how to configure it. any help would be great.
Thanks!

Hello gtoka;
The easieast way for you to use the S7 variables in your WinCC Flexible program is to integrate WinCC Flexible in Step 7. This will allow you to use the Step 7 tags directly in the HMI program.
See the following Siemens FAQ:
How do you integrate a WinCC flexible project in STEP 7?

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

thanks dchartier, it would be awesome if you can help me with some doubts:

1) I want to do a scada for a star-delta starter motor, i am using a s7-200 over profibus. So i only use 3 digital outputs: Q0.1(line supply), Q0.2(delta connection) and Q0.3 (star connection) (attached in the image)
2) I have made the image of the motor and some indicators like leds in the image editor in wincc flexible 2008
3) When i create a variable, i just need boolean values because im using Q0.1, Q0.2, Q0.3 so im doing this:

Name Conection Type of data Address
KM1 Conection_1 Bool DB 1 DBX 0.0

One question what stands for: DB 1 DBX 0.0? I assume is data block 1, Data byte X? 0.0?
How can i associate my plc output say Q0.0 of the plc s7-200 to this variable?

4) So in the image editor i put a led(Blue pilot light2.wmf) so that when the programm of the plc activates de Q0.0 it will turn on the led. So the configuring im doing is:
-->Animations
--> Appearance

Activated (check)
Variable:
KM1
Type:
Binary

Am i doing this configuration ok?

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Uptown47: Im using Wincc Flexible 2008, have you worked with this software before?