cloning CFast Card to HDD

Hi, it is about a 2GB cfast card sata installed in a PC2100 controlling a filling machine with a X20BC0083 PLC. I created an image using PVI runtime utility Center then restored to an other sata hdd then restarted the new pc but it did not boot just hang in blue screen and nothing happen. As I see in the original working pc it starts with blue screen then runtime starts version B4.26 then the application but not the new clone, it seems like runtime must be transfered to new hdd I tried for months to figure out this but my knowledge is limited and hope anyone clould help me with this I would be very greatfull for any hint.

Maybe this could work:
With this device you convert the CFast device to a SATA 2.5" looking disk.
And a duplicator like this one would duplicate the contents for the CFast to the HDD.

I have never done this so not 100% sure it can work.

Thank you folk, #Sigmadelta: I used PVI version 3 and usb cfast cardreader to create an ".zp2" file also tried linux "gnome disk" to create image img, also used ghost to create the image but when restoring it to an other sata 2.5 did not work it just freeze in first boot stage with cursor and blue screen.
#AlfredoQuintero: I think that hardware is only for cloning 3.5 disk to 2.5 only no cfast card supported.

As I mentioned it is a grub bootloader used in this mem card as I can see all file inside there are a folder "efi" inside it there is the grub.cfg and boot64.efi and many other folders. At the end I used virtualbox and created an exact size VHD of the original cfast card "2GB" then result is the same always , I even copied all file from cfast to a ssd disk then used linux to install grub in first sector, unfortuatly the result is the same.

Last edited:
I think that the problem is the Runtime "version B4.26" that should be booted along side grub2 loader, I think Runtime should starts first then bootloader. what is so different with Cfast Card "Mini sata port" and the SSD or HDD?

If you have access to linux, have you considered using the [dd] command to duplicate the device?

I used this command : dd if= /image/path of= /dev/sdX , only for writing not creating the image, it didnt boot just freeze. I used Runtime Utility from br with an usb cardreader to create an .zp2 file. by the way I used gnome disk to create an .img file, it uses the DD command for sure copying the disk sectors one by one, maybe I should create an image using dd command but was afraid of destroying the original cfast card partition.

On a laptop or stand alone pc
Put your original source as an external drive
Either connected to a usb port via an adapter or added to the motherboard as an additional drive
Add your target drive as a connected device
either via a usb port on an adapter or as an
additional drive

Get a copy of acronis true image
Change boot priority to boot from cd / dvd
Boot your pc with Acronis
Go to clone drive in utilities
Choose your original card as source
and your other drive as target and choose clone drive
Be careful to select the correct drive or you could
overwrite the wrong drive

#eebads2391 , what I did today is to boot the PC2100 on Acronis live usb I created earlier, then did choose clone disk to an empty formated Fat32 usb stick. Result is the same, never had prolem with booting the restored disk but it freezes at first stage boot at the point of starting runtime, the original pc starts first with runtime counting process then main app starts.