when we want to install protool/pro V6 we have several choices:
protool/pro cs
protool/pro RT
ProAgent
prosave(stand alone)
what are they?
what are defrence between them?if I want to work with OP7 + s7 300
which of them should I install?
if you have another usefull tip about protool I 'll be glad more!!

CS: You need that in all cases. Its the configuration software.

RT: Install it. Its the runtime software. It enables simulation of the application, also for applications based on Windows CE panels. You can then simulate the panel on your standard PC. If you have the S7 PLC-SIM you can let it connect to the simulated S7 program, and you can test both S7 and OP programs at your desk (great stuff, I do it all the time).

Proagent: Dont know either. I dont use it.

Prosave: You will only need to install it on a PC without Protool. Good for service people or for the customer.

Tip: Have you just bought the Protool software or is it a demo or trial ? Then wait a little and get the new version (renamed to Win CC flexible). That will save you an upgrade at a later time.

edit: Before ordering Win CC flexible, check that it can work with OP7. If not, consider using an OP77B in stead (it is a new device that replaces the OP7).

Last edited:
ProAgent is sets of screens for the various panels that display the process diagnostic data generated by PDiag. It also configures which "units" are to be displayed

dear jesper
I 've downloaded protool and it is a demo version
does it work with a real op and what kind of limitaiton are there in demo version?
and about wincc flexable ,is it a complet wincc
that also configure a op or is it juast a protool

Last edited:
WinCC Flex

Today Siemens has WinCC and Pro-Tools for HMI and SCADA. WinCC Flex is a new product that will be releasing in the US about June. At first WinCC Flex will replace Pro-Tools and over time will works it's way into WinCC's place. In the US customers will receive a free upgrade to WinCC Flex if they are on the Software Update Service (SUS)for Pro-Tools. It will support the current OP, TP, MP, and PC products along with the new 170micro and MP270 6" products.

Good luck

Both Protool and the coming WIN CC Flexible comes in several versions:
Lite: Only the smaller OP/TP panels (Up to OP/TP170).
Basic: All OP/TP/MP panels.
Pro: All OP/TP/MP panels as well as PCs (the target PCs require a RT license).
And then there will be the "real" WIN CC that is a further step up.

I think (but am not sure) that the demo only limitation is a nagscreen that pops up every now and then.