WinCC V5.1 HF2 Eating Memory

Rusty_K

Hello,

I'm running WinCC V5.1 HF2 and I've noticed that in my task manager, the program script.exe (which I believe is the WinCC script runtime engine) seems to be using more and more memory the longer WinCC remains in runtime. I have several global scripts running and I am also using a fair amount of string variables but I only allocate the necessary number of character spaces +1 .
I have also implemented self-made DLLs (created in Visual Stuido 6 C++) and have recently learned that they should be configured as "Release" instead of "Debug". I will be rebuilding them soon...is there more I should know about this?
I would like to know if anyone has experienced anything remotely similar. The memory seems to increase even when I change pages in the SCADA. Is this an inherent problem with WinCC? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

R.K.

I had a problem similar to yours with memory leakage that required me to reboot the Wincc server every weekend. I'm running Wincc 5.1 HF2 with Windows 2000 Server. I had to install a windows update to resolve the problem.

Open Windows Explorer, Tools, Windows Updates. In the search box type KB828741. Download this update and install. This fixed my problem. Hope it helps.

There is an article about this on the Siemens website, but I don't have the URL and as I'm sure you have experienced it would take a week of searching to find it again.

Best of luck,
Jeff