Ground / Shield / Com and PNP NPN

okiebob

This also relates to the PNP or NPN post, Here goes,the system designer used GND/COM/Shield interchangebly, fire up the motor and the T/C type J, goes UP a 100+degrees according to the display and jitters back and forth. First step find shields and gnd. Hmm chassisis is using 3phase input ground for itself ( this also is motor input ) and that is only gnd for a steel Van sitting on wood blocks first correction install gnd rod and cable to chassis. Now T/C is 10 deg high and still jitters (walks about 5 deg either way). All sensors in are IS and in own conduit, motor controls in another Unit, but still attached to Unit 1 via conduit. I hate ground shield GREMLINS, what the fun the AM is going to be, the start of a good day anyhow 1 step closer to payday.