Changing the station number of Step 7 200 PLC

GO ONLINE WITH S7-224 DEFAULT ADDRESS IS 1, OPEN SYSTEM BLOCK IN PLC AND SET NEW ADDRESS. NOTE WHEN YOU CHANGE ADDRESS YOU WILL HAVE TO LOG ON AGAIN WITH THE NEW ADDRESS.

Has Siemens changed their policy on addressing?

Mike Nagy wrote: DEFAULT ADDRESS IS 1
As far as I know all S7 PLC's come with their address set to 2 as default. All my S7-314's, -312C2DP's, -212's and -214's were delivered with their address set to 2. I have however never used an S7-224, but I don't see why Siemens would change this. If they have somehow changed their addressing policy this would be major information. Please clarify.

I have also never changed, or even opened, the system data block. In my version of the software (an older one, I know) I can simply click on the menu bar on CPU, then on Configure and there it is: a screen to configure my CPU, including the address of the CPU on the PPI network.

Kind regards,

Changing PLC address

Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply I am about to try the change. I have to agree with Jean Pierre about the default address for the initial station being 2 and not 1. As I understand it the Station 1 is reserved for any HMI.

Many thanks for your help.

Derek