managed switches

The newer switches from Siemens aren't nearly as expensive as the older lines used to be, and much easier to use. Take a look at the Scalance XB208.
https://mall.industry.siemens.com/mall/en/us/Catalog/Products/10261624

However, when you're talking about any of the industrial rated brands (like N-Tron and Siemens mentioned so far), you won't get anywhere near the price you'll see for cheap office desk grade stuff (probably at least 10-20x more expensive).

Need to operate below freezing, or above 100 degrees? The one you linked won't do. Want 24V supply or something that mounts to a cabinet? Not TP-link.

Need something for a test stand on your desk? The switch you linked will probably do just fine.

Believe me I fully endorse the "you get what you pay for" rule.

Luckily the environment this will be installed is climate controlled and I think it will probably do ok. If not it was only $30, and like you said, it will probably work fine for a desk model.

Do wish they made it DIN mount though, how dare they!

I have used a bunch of Stride (Automation Direct) unmanaged switches and had zero problems.

I have also used one of these where I needed to do port mirroring and it worked well:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0XK-000W-00080

I've used Stride unmanaged as well as managed and both work exceptionally well. I use a managed switch if I have remote I/O so I can keep the RIO off the plant network while allowing the processor and HMI access.