FUC%$* Factory Talk View ME

At this point, I'm actually surprised that Rockwell even keeps their name on their "View" garbage. If anyone at corporate there had even half a brain, and saw what **** it was, they would have spun it off as a separate company with a different name just to keep the Rockwell name off of it.

Oh, wait... Brains... Rockwell... Software... Corporate...
I see where I went wrong there.

At this point, I'm actually surprised that Rockwell even keeps their name on their "View" garbage.

I said exactly the same thing the other day about a Panelview Component HMI. Barely readable, horribly slow, failure prone, you'd think they would be embarrassed to have the worst HMI product on the market (by a wide margin) carrying the "A/B Quality" reputation into the toilet.

Try using gradient graphics on the new PV 7+ V9.0.

How can a very expensive piece of hardware NOT support gradients?

I wasted 2 days removing gradients from all of our global object library so i could get a PV 7+ to work. Graphics would take 10 - 15 seconds to render every time a new screen or pop up was opened with the gradients.

I try to refrain from smashing stuff still remember a long time ago, I was using a ball mouse so that should date it, I lost a bunch of edits and whipped my mouse on the floor, needless to say the ****ing ball bounced and hit me right in the eye, try explaining that black eye to co-workers.

THAT IS JUST FUNNY!!! sounds like something that would happen to me also....
thank you! (y)

labeldas said:
That blows hard I have had that happen a few times then I am always save every minute and get complacent and bam!!

I try to refrain from smashing stuff still remember a long time ago, I was using a ball mouse so that should date it, I lost a bunch of edits and whipped my mouse on the floor, needless to say the ****ing ball bounced and hit me right in the eye, try explaining that black eye to co-workers.

Saffa said:
I personally prefer a tirade of swearwords that brings the newer office lady running to see who's getting murdered. It's less expensive than breaking stuff.

labeldas = percussive maintenance
Saffa = cussive maintenance

both have served me well.