Siemens Simotion lineair axis with modulo

aand74

I have Siemens Simotion D445-2 FW4.4.
I would like to use lineair axis with modulo (modulo length 1000).
The reason for this is because I am revamping Masterdrive where the axis had cyclelength of 1000 000. So I would prefer not to work in degrees (rotary axis).
I heard several times that if you have a lineair axis with modulo that after multpiple rotations in the same direction, you will get a deviation that builds up because of the finite precision of pi (3.14...), so you should have to use a rotary axis. Is this correct?
I can hardly believe that you would get deviations, but I should want to be sure.
I know there is also something about encoder overflow, but that is another thing.

Thanks.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I'm newly joined in this website. Hope all are fine. I'm very new to PLC and Drive system and interested to learn about this. I want...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would like to ask, does anyone of us have experience in communicating by ethernet between Simotion D435 and Wonderware InTouch? Is it even...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project with a 840dsl NCU730 with integrated CPU317 and a MP377 HMI. I've been told that I can't use portal because it doesn't yet...
Replies
Views
I was hoping to connect a Red Lion G3 unit to a Siemens Simotion D435 Controller. I didn't see a Driver in Crimson 3.0 for this. Is this correct...
Replies
Views
hi to all I have a siemens simotion c240 PLC , HMI (MP277 10")with one CU320 for four servo drives for our machine. This machine is going...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom