Hyginic master seris FEX Flowmeter

kamau

Hi all,

I installed a new ABB FEX 300 flowmeter which after a test run for a while it started giving errorneous reading.
It is now indicating a false zero reading(0 L/H) on its display when the pump is running.
What could be the issue?

Kind regards,
D.KAMAU.

Since they stopped making the MagMaster, ABB haven't made a new flowmeter that wasn't ****. So that's your first problem...

Is it metal pipe? If not, do you have grounding rings installed?

Is the sensor body bonded to the transmitter with a low resistance earth?

Did you terminate the sensor cabling correctly? If you shortened the factory supplied cable, did you remove the sheath from the screened electrode wires properly?

What is the process liquid?

Is the meter full pipe? No trapped air?

There is a diagnostics menu... does it indicate any faults?