rockwell PLC to HMI question

Dhullett

ok im creating a view studio application to run on a pc that will connect to a line at work and display data for each machine on the line on one 42 tv that hangs at the front of the line. im implementing a maintenance call button on each machine so when pressed from the machine HMI it will display a message on the main HMI for example "Maintenance TO OP190A" My question is what would be the best way to set this up without creating a tag in each plc and addressing it directly in the main HMI program to its own message. I would like to just send a string from each plc to the main HMI when the button is pressed. Could i use a msg instruction in each plc and just point them all at the pc that will run this application or am i going to have to make a shortcut for each plc in the communications configure section of view studio? There are about 30 PLC's i need to connect is why im trying to avoid this. Thanks for your help

Good info but not what im looking for. I need to know the best or easiest way to get a string from 30 or 40 different plc's to display on the factorytalk view application running on a pc. I could also send a value from each one i guess and set each value to display this message. Either way ive done many many panelviews nut this is my first pc application so im not sure how to setup the comms between pc and plc so i can send a message or just write values to pc. Only option i see is the add each plc to my rslinx enterprise comms in the application but im not sure how many shortcuts a single application can have.

I think the easiest would be to add the 30 PLCs into FTView Studio and just read from a string tag.

Or, just read from an integer tag that represents the message. Then use the Local Message and Local Message Display in your FTView project.

Ok thats what ive come up with also. Do u know how many connections one project will support?

Nobody knows! But 30 is definitely going to be okay.

Only the PanelView Plus Compact has a connection limit; of one.
There is no PLC connection limit for the regular PVP, FTView ME Station, or for FTView SE.