Inventory Scanner System For PLC?

Ctrayler

Quick question, I am interested in installing a barcode system controlled completely from a PLC. I have heard that people link product scanners to a PLC via Devicenet/RS232 Converter, Any help on reading a bar code with a PLC ( I currently use Modicon) would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has a link to the equipment that I can look over, this would help out my project greatly.

Thanks,

Chris

I use Sick scanners with AB PLCs both 232 and ethernet, but I know Accusort does DNet scanners. I starting to spec anew line and I'm considering using their scanners. I'm sure most big scanner outfits have a DNet model but get your wallet out.

Similar Topics

I have been tasked with building an inventory of all of our automation devices across multiple large sites. Most of our hardware is Rockwell and...
Replies
Views
Does AB (or anyone ) have an inexpensive tool to take a inventory of the PLCs on the network to get model, FW revision etc. ?
Replies
Views
Out of a need I created an Excel inventory of all the PLC's, HMI's and equipment I have to take care of. In case anyone here may want to do the...
Replies
Views
So rather than find a job at a local factory, I'm teaming up with a master electrician and we are going into business together. I'm going to get...
Replies
Views
First of all, I don't intend this to be a "hate on A-B" thread, I just wanted to see if I was alone here. Last year, I used a MicroLogix1400 on a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom