Encoders // Interrupts // Strech

I need some help program one momentum plc (modicon). I want to use fast inputs (170 ADM 350 11) with resposse times about 0,06 ms Off to On and 0,08 ms On to Off. They sell this card but don´t say how can I use it. I want to avoid using one high-speed counter and one encoder to do a simple task that I thinq it´s possible to do it with that card.

Thanq you

You need to ask a more defined question. What do you want to do?

Are you trying to count pulses, like an incremental encoder, or are you trying to detect a very fast input?
What do you plan to do with the information once you have it, do you want to turn on an output, if so how fast do you need it to be?

The Momentum base you listed may be used with a communications adapter but then you are affected by the network speed. You could also mount a processor directly on the base.

"Encoder"

I try to be more precisely.
I have 4 applications that I thinq I can do it without one high-speed counter and encoders. I work with 171 CCC 960 30 processor of momentum modicon with interbus to link the several cards. My idea is to control the position of a vertical conveyor to made up and down ramps, and at the same time let the system know where is position the table with a 1 inch precisely. Of course I must have one level to put the counter in zero. This way I can combine this information with one swich detector wich is the same to stop on the 10 floors, otherwise I need 10 differente swich detector. The other´s situaion are diferente but the same pricipal could be apply. The idea is to use one gear with the swich detector to count the pulses and avoid using encoders and high-speed-counters. The defenition I need is about 20 ms. Can I assure that the systems works properly if the scan time is 15 ms, and if not, what is the minimum time I could expect ??

If you work with this PLC could you tell me if I have advantages to use 170 ADM 350 11 instead of 170 ADM 350 10.
In this tutorial manual refers the pulse strech and interruption functions wich I can´t find similar in concept with momentums plattaform.

Thanqs.

Unless you are using a high speed latch function the speed of your input module is irrelevant compared to the scan time of your processor. Remember the actual through-put of a system typically requires 2 scans.

Assuming an encoder with equal on and off times, the 170ADM35010 base can accept a pulse every 6.6msec, and the 170ADM35011 every 160microsec.

The formula for determining the approximate CPU scan time is composed of Ethernet communication time + Logic solve time + Overhead + I/O bus time + ModbusPlus communication time:
Scan time (assuming no Modbus Plus card)= (0.25msec/ethernet device + .002msec/transmitted word)+ 0.13msec/Klogic + 0.40msec + 1msec/500 I/O bus bits.