Panelview 600

eslamyehia

hello everybody

i have in our planet some N2 Generation packages that has Panelview 600 CAT NO 2711-K6C2L1 as HMI

i found that communication ports there are marked only with DH485, i want to install a new HMI, so i want to communicate with the new one to download the graphics on it as i have them on my PC but i don't know how to communicate with it
what i found on the web, that there are three options to communicate with panel view generally
1st to communicate using panel builder 32 which already available on my PC, but i found it's only limited to PV with DF1 port which isn't my case as the two communication ports of my panel view are marked as DH485
2nd to communicate using RSLINX which also available on my PC but i don't have cable 1747-PIC,
3rd using memory card which isn't available in my hands right now
i got that conclusion from this note in panel builder 32 manual ""To transfer applications between a computer and a DH-485 or
RS-232 (DH-485) PanelView terminal, you must use the RSLinx
Classic 1747-PIC Device driver, not the DF1 internal driver.""

i'm not sure if i get it correctly, is there any solution to communicate with the panel view rather than the three above mentioned options

thanks in advance.. and excuse my poor level in communication as i'm mechanically background

cheers

Use one of these:

The white one is an Allen-Bradley 1747-UIC. The black one is a USB-2711-NC13 from the fine folks at plccable.com. FWIW, the latter is perhaps less versatile, but it's more inexpensive and probably will be easier for you to set up.

IMG_0064.jpg

Use one of these:

The white one is an Allen-Bradley 1747-UIC. The black one is a USB-2711-NC13 from the fine folks at plccable.com. FWIW, the latter is perhaps less versatile, but it's more inexpensive and probably will be easier for you to set up.

1747-UIC will be used with panel builder 32 or rslinx, please note it's only DH485 panel
do i need to do something on my PC to configure this UIC
thanks for your reply

Last edited:
1747-UIC will be used with panel builder 32 or rslinx, please note it's only DH485 panel
do i need to do something on my PC to configure this UIC
thanks for your reply

Yes, either of them will work with RSLinx, and Panelbuilder32 can use RSLinx for uploading and downloading of Panelbuilder32 applications.

The only thing you will need is the driver for the cable to install and to set up a driver in RSLinx for it.

https://www.plccable.com/allen-bradley-1747-uic-usb-to-dh485-usb-version-1747-pic-slc-500/

How to set it up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWgu1jdAPkE

what about 1747-C13 could it replace 1747-UIC?
No, that is just a cable. The UIC is a signal converter and adapter. DH 485 is a lot like RS-485 plus a protocol specification, so a regular RS-485 won't work either. You need a converter built for both the electrical and the protocol conversion.