FTView SE Studio activation issue

dwouters

I used FTview SE station 8.0 to develop an HMI project two years ago. Never had an activation issue.
I now have several more projects to do, and decided to move to FTView SE 9.0. I installed it in VMware so I could keep version 8.0 also for supporting the older project. I use the same activation dongle (green w LED) for both versions.

In 9.0, I get event messages first that the product has been successfully activated, a few seconds later that it has not been activated and is now in grace mode. When I open a project, I get a pop-up notice that my "HMI_SERVER" for this project is running in grace mode. For any VBA or screen with VBA I test, I get two "grace mode" pop-ups each time that I have to clear to proceed. It gets old really fast.
I contacted Rockwell support for this, talked to three different people, and the answer I get is that this is "expected behavior". They "corrected" something in the activation in V9.0 and this behavior reflects that.
I have a valid FTV SE Studio license, I do not want to get dragged down with grace mode messages while working in Studio. They said the only remedy is to also install a Station license on the same machine. I do not want that nor should I need it. In FTSE 8.0 everything works just fine.
Do others also get the grace mode messages? What did RA support tell you about this? Just want to know if this is a common issue and what people have done to fix it.

I was getting the same message earlier this week with a new install of FTView, using a dongle but not on a VM.

I reinstalled the HASP driver, downloaded the latest from the manufacturer. Fixed.