WeinTek eMT3105 to CompactLogix Connections

DrumsNLax

Hello. I am using a WeinTek 3100 series HMI and the EasyBuilder Pro V5.06.01 to connect to a CompactLogix L24ER QB1B PLC using the "Allen-Bradley Ethernet/IP (CompactLogix) - Free Tags" driver.

As far as I can tell everything is setup as the WeinTek connection guide shows, but the HMI returns "PLC No Response" any time it is reset and I cannot see any of my buttons that are connected to PLC addresses.

I imported all of my tags that I need and created a few UDTs to get there.

I am getting very little support from the vendor/WeinTek/the guy who requested this hardware.

I have considered going to a ModBus driver (since I believe I won't need to change my cabling). But I have no ModBus experience or knowledge.

Any help is appreciated.

H
As far as I can tell everything is setup as the WeinTek connection guide shows, but the HMI returns "PLC No Response" any time it is reset and I cannot see any of my buttons that are connected to PLC addresses.

Connection guide has not changed my issue. Is it normally as easy as the connection guide states?

Yes. I haven't worked with the 3100 series or AB. I have worked with GE PLC's and all of Automation Direct's products, mostly ModBus. Guide has always been accurate.

PLC No Response has always been my wiring.

Interesting...

I know other people who have used other WeinTek products, but it is all ModBus and Mitsubishi PLCs.

My major concern is that the driver isn't any good, which would explain why there isn't much Tech Support or general help information on this hardware configuration....

To be honest, that is my major fear.

Where did you get with this? I'm having the same issues you describe connecting an mt8102-ie to a compactlogix. I have used theses screens with other plc's with very little problem. Let me know.
Thanks

I do not use Weintek or easybuilder - but I do use Maple System and ezwarePlus software.
They are owned by same company.

In ezwareplus under edit system parameters I have to tell the software where the PLC is located on the network. It sound like you don't have your IP addressing setup.