2711pc replacement

TMB

Hello forum!

I am having a problem with HMI communications to the PLC and I need some assistance figuring out what's going on. This system was working. The HMI's display went bad and the HMI was replaced with same model.

Equipment:

PLC: Compact Logix 5370 L2 Controller (1769-L16ER-BB1B)
PanelView: Allen Bradley PanelView Plus 400 (2711PC)

The IP addresses are:
PC - 192.168.0.25
PLC - 192.168.0.1
HMI - 192.168.0.4

I can see the plc and hmi in RS Linx Enterprise/ Communication Setup. The device shortcut is linked to the PLC in Runtime.

What am I missing? Any input would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Tom

hmi.jpg

It may look OK in the software's Communication Setup, but have you confirmed that the same driver configuration is now loaded on the terminal?

When you transferred the MER runtime application file to the terminal, did you choose to replace the terminal's current Communications Setup with the application's Communications Setup by checking the "Replace communications" option?...

If you used the Transfer Utility...

42110 - PanelView Plus: HMI does not Communicate to PLC after Download
Access Level: TechConnect

If you manually transferred the application...

When starting the application, did you select "Replace RSLinx Enterprise Communications" or similar?

Also, I notice on your screenshot that you have your PanelView terminal under the Ethernet driver on the Runtime Target tab. This is not necessary. It was probably copied over from the Design Local tab? I would advise you to remove it.

Regards,
George