Help with CX Programmer

kalabdel

Hello guys,

A couple of hopefully quick question.

1-Looking at the attached pictures, on shows a bunch or words being incremented, how can I find where they're used in the program?

2-Looking at the second picture, how can I insert an AND contact right where the arrow is or anywhere else in that picture? I tried by inserting the contact and that didn't work and then tried to insert a line and that didn't work. I also tried zooming in thinking with more visual space I could do it but no such luck.

Thanks
Kal

oops, let me try this again.

++590png shows integers being incremented but they're not declared as variables so I see no use for them in the program.

insert.png shows one of the places where I would like to insert and OR contact. In reality I will need to insert contacts to for all the outputs in the pic, and more.

Thanks

++590.jpg insert.jpg

cx programer is a dumb thing if you want to insert a contact tere you need to click on the contact and press enter to gain space first. get it
click on the contact press enter to insert a new line and insert the contact there

Thanks osmanmom. Inserting rows was too easy, i figured there must be a way.
CIO2400 I'm not sure I understand but I will read a little more to understand how to used the memory dialog box.

Much appreciated
Kal

"1-Looking at the attached pictures, on shows a bunch or words being incremented, how can I find where they're used in the program?"

Right click on the instruction in question and select "Address Reference Tool" from the pull down menu.This will display all instances where the address is used in the program.

Have as look at tools - keyboard mapping. There are a heap of keyboard short cuts already mapped but you can map you own. For example to insert a row I have CXP setup for hold down ctrl+alt and down arrow really easy.
For an N/O contact I have programmed F2, for N/C F3 etc. I actually set the short cuts up as per Syswin - the choice is there. I then modified some other short cuts to suit me. You can have several short cuts allocated to the same short cut. Although I use F2 for a N/O contact I have also the option of the programmed one c - or I can delete it if I wish. You can also save the sort cut file so that it can be transferred to another installation of CXP.

One has to be a bit careful sometimes - on my HP laptop I have had to change insert rung as ctrl+alt down or up arrow is a short cut in the HP to rotate screen!

For increment I note the down instruction precedes - if the bit stays on and either DIFU or DIFD are not used before ++ the increment will take place every scan while ever the bit is on.
Not sure which PLC you have but all the later ones allow DIFU or DIFD to be programmed on the contact itself. Right click and select differentiate and either up or down. Another method is @++ - that is in effect DIFU.

Thanks Bits N Bytes, I make very good use of address reference tool and have it opened most of the time unless I need to see more code on the screen and it shows no instances other than that in the increment instruction and the same goes for 14 other similar rungs. Not sure what it was for and most likely it's old code that was changed or used for testing/monitoring. But what confuse me is that the memory area was not defined so I couldn't figure out if it was a variable or an integer. But I guess CIO memory area doesn't need to be specified. Sorry, slowly learning CX Programmer.

Thanks Bob, it's a very old( certainty more than 10 and possible 15 years) CS1H and I can right click and use differentiate but it's not my code and I'm slowly working my way through it to understand the major parts to make some minor additions.
Thankfully it has some comments but unfortunately it's in dutch; still better than nothing.

With regard to shortcuts, I'm very much a mouse guy and the most helpful change I made was to my mouse as I programmed one button for escape key because clicking away doesn't help at all. It reminds me of Autodesk Electrical where the escape key is essential for survival.

Thanks a lot gentlemen.

Kal

One more question if I may, There are a few buttons on a screen of a weintek HMI that use CIO 1304.00, 1304.01, 1300.00,1300.01,1301.00,1301.01 and so on.

What's the difference between using CIO memory area in that range and memory area like W (Work area)? Is it just a preference or does it have to do with the communication between the HMI and PLC?

Work area (WR):
Words in the Work Area can be used only in the program; they cannot be used for
I/O exchange with external I/O terminals. No new functions will be assigned to
this area in future versions of CS1 PCs, so use this area for work words and bits
before any words in the CIO Area.

Internal I/O Area
These words can be used only in the program; they cannot be used for I/O exchange
with external I/O terminals. Be sure to use the work words provided in
the Work Area (WR) before allocating words in the Internal I/O Area or other unused

words in the CIO Area. It is possible that these words will be assigned to
new functions in future versions of CS1 CPU Units, so the program may have to
be changed before being used in a new CS1-series PC if CIO Area words are
used as work words in the program.

Thanks
Kal

memory area.jpg

Some of the older PLCs did not have W area at all - like M in other brands.
I rarely use W - just used to the huge CIO area and put things where I like.
Have no intention of getting RSI clicking on a mouse either - use them very rarely when programming. Even use short cut keys in Excel and Word - old DOS man - only ever had a keyboard in those days LOL.

One warning about the Weintek HMI and Omron PLC ....
Some versions of the Weintek drivers for Omron have not worked properly with CIO addresses so it is safer to use W bits for communication. Those drivers would force the CIO bit on/off so the PLC lost control of the CIO addresses as soon as the HMI changed the state of the bit.