Kintex350 noob question

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
Gents,

So I am reading through the manual for this drive, and it sounds to me like I can only use this drive in combination with a logix controller?

Not an AB guy, and paying for support for hardware you just paid plenty of dollars for is a joke, can someone confirm or deny?

Thanks in advance

Gents,

So I am reading through the manual for this drive, and it sounds to me like I can only use this drive in combination with a logix controller?

Not an AB guy, and paying for support for hardware you just paid plenty of dollars for is a joke, can someone confirm or deny?

Thanks in advance

Correct, The 350 series only works w/ the motion capable Compact and ControlLogix processors.
Additionally, I think the older 1756-enbt's don't work either, need a newer 1756-en2t or 2tr, or 3tr.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2097-um002_-en-p.pdf

I don't know what you're using for a control platform, but the Kinetix 3's can be controlled by the micrologix family.

Thanks for the info, I just sent an email to my local AB vendor, seems like a micro will do the trick.

Have a trial coming up, and we had Kinetix spares in house for another machine. My plan was to use the spares to run the quick trial, as I thought I could make it happen without spending a bunch of money.

I shouldn't have assumed.

Simple application, using a crude Omron cam controller. 3 differing setpoints during a 360deg rotation. Accelerate->Coast->Hold->repeat

Thanks for the input.