PLC Cables

xitronix

I am complete new with PLC's and been reading manuals. I am trying to get the cables so when I get RSlogix 5000 will be prepared.
I have:
Logix 5561---what cable do I need
Micro Logix 1500--what cable do I need
Compact Logix L35E---what cable do I need
Power Flex 4----what cable do I need
all this are Allen Bradley. My goal is to make copies of the projects that are on the PLC's
any help would be great...

We have a guild on our website... you can also email the list to me and I will send you links for the ones I know and have

I envy the kids of today, an Ethernet cable covers just about everything!

And a USB!

I have boxes of cables here going back to the 1980's - and still hape a DOS computer as well for the older stuff.

I envy the kids of today, an Ethernet cable covers just about everything!

I'm practically a kid of today, and I can confirm that I will go to great lengths to get ethernet communications set up rather than use USB or *shudder* serial :whistle:

Nothing wrong with USB - often have to use it to setup the Ethernet anyway - particularly for data exchange and Ethernet IP I/O.

Serial with all those funny plugs and sockets they used to use! Never mind - still a lot of it around.

My favorites!
v6-1217a-gould-modicon-p180-011-programming-terminal.png

Asea-ABB-DCS-Masterpiece-Piece-PC-Programming-_1.jpg

I am kind of sorry that I threw away the old home-made Red Lion programming interface we used to have. What a rat's nest.

It had a rs232 to rs486 converter that was powered by 12v(?) supply that came from a dodgy octal relay based power supply. It also has a lead so that the display was powered with external 24v while the interface was plugged in.

So you had a single phase plug and a DC flylead to plug into a 24V supply to get the thing working.

We still have a bunch of Mitsubishi KOJ interfaces that are practically a two hand lift. The stupid things still needed a SC02 rs232 to rs485 interface to plug into them to work.