Problem with uploading a soft from HMI Weintek MT8071iE

Jim_cz

I'm trying to upload a program from the aforementioned HMI but I've failed so far.

I have an EasyBuilder pro and using Ethernet cable. From the menu on the screen I found out the IP address but I keep getting message that either IP or Password or port is wrong. I'm using the default password 111111 which should be the correct one. I tried port numbers 8000 and 20248.

I also changed the system setting of my laptop (TCP) to the same IP.

I read somewhere that someone used a crossover cable but it seems strange to me because that kind of cable should be for peer to peer communication..

Someone also mentioned that the PC should be set up to access the subnet that the HMI is in but I'm not sure how to do it..

I can't even find the screen in an Advanced IP Scanner or Angry IP Scanner..

Any tip appreciated it.

Last edited:
You say the pc is on the same ip? You probably meant in the same range? Cannot have it on the same ip

Oh, really? What should I set it for then? Should I change the last number to something different? I've attached the pic with the IP of the screen.

20170824_123500.jpg

If that is the screens Ip address you must change your pc to be on the same range. Change pc ip to 192.168.99 for instance

See post #22 here.

I'm pretty sure you don't need a crossover cable.

Chud's example is only 3 Bytes. I think he meant to set your PC IP to 192.168.0.99

Last edited:
If you're connecting directly to the hmi you need a crossover cable

I haven't come across a Weintek HMI yet that needed a crossover cable (even in the days 0f using EB8000). Pretty sure they all auto-negotiate.

Regards,

Rob

You do not need a crossover cable, set the computer IP address to (1) number different then the HMI (192.168.0.101) Start EZBuilder and select NEW (select the correct model of HMI) once you have the default blank screen goto to TOOLS and select UPLoad it will want to know what ip address enter in 192.168.0.100 then click upload. should then upload program from the HMI.

I'm trying to upload a program from the aforementioned HMI but I've failed so far.

I have an EasyBuilder pro and using Ethernet cable. From the menu on the screen I found out the IP address but I keep getting message that either IP or Password or port is wrong. I'm using the default password 111111 which should be the correct one. I tried port numbers 8000 and 20248.

I also changed the system setting of my laptop (TCP) to the same IP.

I read somewhere that someone used a crossover cable but it seems strange to me because that kind of cable should be for peer to peer communication..

Someone also mentioned that the PC should be set up to access the subnet that the HMI is in but I'm not sure how to do it..

I can't even find the screen in an Advanced IP Scanner or Angry IP Scanner..

Any tip appreciated it.

1- You need to use Easybuilder. Utility manager never worked for me.
2- You absolutely must be on the same subsnt:

• Find out for sure what the IP address of the HMI is. I use Wireshark but there are many utilities that do the same.
  • Go the Ethernet properties of your network connection then go to properties of "Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4)" and select u"Ue the following IP address" and enter and IP address in the same range as the HMI and press the Tab key on your keyboard, the subnet mask will automatically be filled for you, leave it the way it s and click OK on the dialog box.
  • Start Easybuilder as describe in this thread, create new project, select your HMI and choose upload.

If you want to give up on doing it with Ethernet, do it with a thumb drive. I find this is just as easy, especially if it's inconvenient to have the laptop close to the HMI.
Upload to a USB drive. Start on page 4 of this PDF.
Find the 8000 file on the drive, add the ".exob" extension to it, then decompile it in EB Pro.