Beijer Ix Developer 'Show Users Dialog' - security

BryanG

I am developing a project with iX Developer 2.22 and have hit a snag with Show Users Dialog. I need them to be able to add users on site so that I can use the Audit Trail to see who does what. I have added a button that brings up the Show Users Dialog on a screen that is only accessible to people in the Supervisor group. But from that dialog the Supervisor group can change settings for any person in any other group. So someone in the Supervisor group can change the password for someone in the Factory group and so gain full access to the machine settings. I can't find a setting that would stop this behaviour. In the Security setting each person is only a member of their own group.

Anyone know how I can fix this huge security hole? Or have I done something wrong?

Had a reply back from Beijer tech support and apparently this dialog does cause a huge security hole. They don't want to change it because some users like having huge security holes on their machines. So I will have to learn C# and create my own dialog.

Slight rant!
I get very frustrated with companies who provide 'open' systems, when all it means is 'we couldn't be bothered to put in the time to add that function, so you and everyone else will have to do the work instead'.

I did find a solution, but you won't like the answer :) I never used the Beijer HMIs again. There are some Beijer HMI users on the site, maybe one of them can give you a better answer.