Making a connection between Productivity 3000 and AB 1734-AENTR Remove I/O

xinlu8439

Hi,

I currently have a project that needs to use AutomationDirect Productivity 3000 PAC to communicate with Allen Bradley 1734-AENTR remote I/O module.

I don't have any AB PLCs, or RSLogix 5000 programming software, but I do have Wonderware Intouch available.

Productivity 3000 PAC has the so-called "scanner" feature, so that I can simply create a generic scanner client to retrieve 1734 data.

However, by following this doc: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1734-um016_-en-p.pdf

I didn't get the luck to make them connected.

On my scanner configuration, I put 100 as the Assembly Instance under T->0(Input), and 101 under O->T(output). Is this correct? I am confusing actually.

The PDF says I don't need a configuration header to make a connection. No matter I create this config file or not, I always get the following error:

Connection Resonse: True
Connecting Device: 1734-AENTR/B Et (seems they did exchange info once)
RemoteI/O Online: False
RemoteI/O Status: 1
RemoteI/O Status Description: Invalid segment

Is there anyone got expedience to set up this 1734 remote io?

Thanks a lot!