Physical security for Run-Time USB license key-dongle

danw

Lifetime Supporting Member
The HMI software's run-time USB license key has nice hole in the end.

USB_license_key.jpg

What do you guys use to secure it so it doesn't walk away?

When I have an expansion USB header off the mainboard, I put the dongles inside the case. Just have to remember to retrieve them when replacing the boards lol...

I have actually used a usb extension board that plugs into the motherboard. Then I mount the extension board INSIDE the PC case for the license dongle.

I have actually used a usb extension board that plugs into the motherboard. Then I mount the extension board INSIDE the PC case for the license dongle.

Along the same lines.... if you use a USB extension cable plugged into the back of the PC and ran into the PC cabinet it would be 'out of site' then you can use a wire tie to keep it secure in the PC