Beckhoff el6021

mehdy1968

Hello Dear
I am trying to configure EL6021 by twincat2 system manager but it was not success my embedded system is CX8091 and i have a ModBus RTU library.

Hello,

What exactly is the problem you are experiencing? What do you mean by "trying to configure"? Did you scan the boxes and do you have your EL6021 under the terminal list in System Manager? Can you explain your problem in more detail?

Here you can find detailed documentation for EL6021 -> https://download.beckhoff.com/download/document/io/ethercat-terminals/el600x_el602xen.pdf

You should be using one of these function blocks for your configuration -> https://infosys.beckhoff.com/englis...dbusrtu/455276555.html&id=2856145827112356268

Thanks for your quick reply
Yes i have EL6021 under EtherCat terminal.
But there is a InfoData field that no assignment can be found under PLC program to be linked with this item.

You don't link InfoData, first you have to declare function block ModbusRtuMaster_KL6x22B in your program (you have to add ModbusRTU.lib library in the PLC Control), then build the program and append the project to your configuration in System Manager.

After that, you will automatically have DataIn and DataOut variables that have to be linked to the "COM TxPDO-Map Inputs" and "COM RxPDO-Map Outputs" - I have attached screenshot where you can see how it looks if everything is done properly.

Hope you can work it out now on your own :)

Untitled.jpg

Hello again
I have done hardware assignment well.
But when i execute ModbusRtuMaster_KL6x22B.ReadReg , no signal will be appear on oscilloscope connected to TX+ TX- of EL6021.

Dear Karlek
Thanks a lot for your assistant.
Now it is working. it is my first experience on Beckhoff plc.
Instead of hardware assignment that solved with your kind also i confused between config mode ,run time mode and so on but i try to do more exercise.