SLC 505 to PV+1250 via e-net

lifetech

Hi again
my latest crisis is this: one of the slc 505 processors on a network failed yesterday. I took a used processor (the only one we have) off our shelf and loaded it and now were back up and running... except the rs232 port on this processor does not work and there needs to be pv+ in this port on dh485.
Untill I can get a new 505 in, I would like to put the PV+ on e-net and communicate with the 505 on that platform.
My problem is that in rslinx enterprise, this processor does not show up in design or runtime, therefore I cannot direct my short cut to the required processor. I attempted this online and rs linx sees the entire network, and also the comms tab in explorer see the entire network.
How can I add this processor to the local and target positions so my shortcut points to it?
Thanks!

From release 1993-1999, the SLC-5/05 only supported the older A-B proprietary Ethernet protocol, called "CSPv4". The EtherNet/IP protocol (shared with the MicroLogix and ControlLogix) was added after the ControlLogix came out.

RSLinx Enterprise, and therefore the PanelView Plus terminal, does not support the old CSPv4 protocol.

The embedded web page of the controller should tell you the firmware revision (as will RSLogix 500). We could look it up from that.

An unambiguous way to determine if the controller supports the old and new protocols is to use a command-line tool called TCPING.

TCPING 192.168.1.xxx 2222 will succeed on both old and new controllers.

TCPING 192.168.1.xxx 44818 will succeed only on new controllers.

Right you are again, Ken. This is an old controller. I think I will wait untill the new controller comes in, then put it on e-net.

Thanks for your help!