TIA Portal Two hand control

samvivi7

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey Guys,

sorry to ask such a stupid question. Can someone please explain to me this two hand control example (see attached).

i understand TagIn 1 and TagIn 2 are my inputs but what is TagIn3 and TagIn4. internal memory tags that i would have to create ??

Thanks,

S

TwoHand.PNG

The ENABLE signal is any other logic that you want as an interlock. Q turns true IF A) both buttons are pushed within the discrepancy time AND B) ENABLE is true.

Under what conditions do you want the operator to be able to actuate things? If Estop has been pressed? If the light curtain is tripped? You depending on how you program, you could potentially put conditions like that somewhere else either instead of or in addition to here.

The ENABLE signal is any other logic that you want as an interlock. Q turns true IF A) both buttons are pushed within the discrepancy time AND B) ENABLE is true.

Under what conditions do you want the operator to be able to actuate things? If Estop has been pressed? If the light curtain is tripped? You depending on how you program, you could potentially put conditions like that somewhere else either instead of or in addition to here.

Thanks for the reply.

so is this correct (see attached)

TwoHand2.PNG

If you want to run this when in Inch mode and when the Global Estop is not pushed, then yes.

Edit:

I suppose the fact that you have start in the tag name is just to match a naming standard and not to actually start something that then carries on by itself.

If you want to run this when in Inch mode and when the Global Estop is not pushed, then yes.

Edit:

I suppose the fact that you have start in the tag name is just to match a naming standard and not to actually start something that then carries on by itself.

just for the test run i am going have inch mode and E-stop. later i might add more conditions.

Also the Tag name is just reflecting whats on the machine and not starting by itself.

thank you for the help :)

Isn't this an OR, not an AND? Meaning it runs while estopped, as long as it's in inch mode?

oh SH*t didn't realized it. so i am back to being confused. i want the operator to be able to jog the machine the back door is closed, no Estop is pressed and when the machine is in inch mode.

well my confusion is----

i am allowed to program in whatever way i like or do i have to stick to the DB that's given??? o_O

thanks again for the help (y)

Ups... you are right, I read the signal as a disable condition.

Which DB? The instance one?

By the way, using memory bits in Safety programs is not recommended.