AB legacy data base tag conversion

Stuwertz

hi all,

I have one allen bardley hmi application version developed on 5.1 . I have 64 bit system when i try to open the application on factory talk view studio

"The target hmi project is a legacy project warning message " .

so i already read the automation blog thread that contains that windows 7 pro we can use windows xp mode. So i installed windows xp mode virtualizer and installed legacy data conversion tool on that . Now i have .mer file and .apa file. i don't know what do to next . Kindly correct me. I need to open that application and need to modify alarm message .

You only need to use the legacy tag converter from XP mode. You won't need Factory Talk View ME or the program you are attempting to convert ON your XP Mode.

Install the tool on your XP mode, then open it, and browse onto your host PC (the x64 bit OS) into the file structure where the program is located.

The default is "C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects"

Select the program you want to convert, and run the converter. Then you will need to run the legacy converter on your x64 bit OS as well. Go to the same location and run it on the same program. After that is done, you should be able to open the program on your x64 bit version of FTVME.

Hi sir,

Yes same i installed only legacy tag conversion tool. The problem is i have .apa file and .mer file only. I don't have development application for this application. When i open and browse on my host pc on default location same as you mentioned i can't able to find that particular application. Rest of the hmi projects are listed there. Now the question is how to convert these .apa file to .med ( development application on ) xp mode.

Thanks for your support.

Transfer the APA file to your x64 bit OS and restore the program there. Then you should be able to find it in your file structure. If you don't have Factory Talk View ME on your host computer, I don't know if you'll be able to convert it or not... I've never attempted it, as I'm not really sure there's any point. Why convert it if you can't edit or open it after it's converted?