servo motor

sheryl86_ann

I wrote a concern and no one responded..May I ask it again here.

Will the servo motor runs from DPLSY command and suddenly change to PLS command? Do I need to change the servo parameter setting?

I wrote a concern and no one responded..May I ask it again here.
Will the servo motor runs from DPLSY command and suddenly change to PLS command? Do I need to change the servo parameter setting?
No one responded because their crystal ball batteries are all worn out. Smart we may be but NOT omniscient.

You need to give us background information including
1. What machine does (milling machine, etc etc). Picture of machine would be great.
2. What kind of motor make model RPM HP and other nice to know numbers. Picture of nameplate would be wonderful.
3. Are you asking will it do this or WHY is it doing this?
4. Describe the commands / functions you are talkng about some of us (including me) have no idea of what a DLLSY or a PLS command is.

Dan Bentler

No one responded because their crystal ball batteries are all worn out. Smart we may be but NOT omniscient.

1. What machine does (milling machine, etc etc). Picture of machine would be great.
2. What kind of motor make model RPM HP and other nice to know numbers. Picture of nameplate would be wonderful.
4. Describe the commands / functions you are talkng about some of us (including me) have no idea of what a DLLSY or a PLS command is.

Dan Bentler

The servo amplifier model is Mitsubishi MR-E-20A (general purpose AC servo amplifier MR-E series)and the servo motor model is Mitsubishi HF-KE 23( 20 watts). HF-KE is low inertia, small capacity motor.

My question is if I need to run the servo motor without using frequency and pulses, will it be ****ible? Currently, we are using the DPLSY K30000 K17000 Y000 command. I was supposed to do the timing of 2 servo motors using this command and if possible, with fiber optic sensor.The PLC anyway is Mitsubishi FX3U series.

There are hundreds of brands of servo motors, servo drives and controllers in the world. Which one are you talking about?

Mr. LadderLogic:

The servo motor is Mitsubishi HF-KE 23 (20Watts) and the amplifier is MR-E 20A. The PLC is Mitsubishi FX3u series.

Do you know how to run the servo with out using the DPLSY command? I was thinking of PLS but it wont work since this is just single pulse right?

Any help will do. Thanks

Mr. LadderLogic:
Мs. (I assume you are a lady, right?) Sheryl Ann:

No, I am not familiar with this brand so I would not be able to help you out, sorry.

However now, once we have established what was it about, someone who knows would be able to post something of use for you. Just let it wait a day: remember, people come here from all over the world so help may come from Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia or Australia any time...

Мs. (I assume you are a lady, right?) Sheryl Ann:

No, I am not familiar with this brand so I would not be able to help you out, sorry.

However now, once we have established what was it about, someone who knows would be able to post something of use for you. Just let it wait a day: remember, people come here from all over the world so help may come from Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia or Australia any time...

Sir:
Yes, I am a lady. Ok, thank you very much. I hope someone out there could help me. I was left with this project and I am but a beginner. Working with servo and PLC is my first time experience.

Sheryl

Dan Bentler[/quote]
OK so the whole thing got dumped in your lap, you know nothing about it and they want it last week. Not the first time nor the last either for us or for you.

Some of us may know this setup and have the whole thing memorized. If so you are in luck.

Otherwise terminology varies between manufacuters so those of us who do not have it memorized need more info. If you have to quote out of the manual for the specific commands or parameters you have mentioned.

Dan (again)

She is more experienced than that. Checked bio. Agree we need to be training next generation and LEARN from THEM.

Dan Bentler

What a training I should say. Always on fire, hehe. (might be exaggerated.)If any of you need a trainee, count me in! ill apply maybe a year or 2 from now. Im willing to be trained ( I dont pass on that except this present scenario).

Sheryl

Found in another post
""I would like to ask this concern. There are 2 servo motors here, 2 amplifiers also.

At servo 1: There is an open contact for start, followed by another open contact and then DPLSY K30000 K17000 Y000

When I tried to change into an open contact for start, another open contact and the to PLS Y000
The servo will not run anymore. Does it matters with the amplifier setting? I did not change any. Will driving a servo motor from pulses and frequencies (DPLSY command) to a simple pulse (PLS command) need to utter the amplifier setting?"""

So what this means is you now have 3 separate posts on this topic spread over two pages. Now that we have it all together it may be a little simpler. Try to maintain only one thread per topic makes it easier for those of us who are accrued age challenged to keep track.

I would think the DPLSY K30000 K17000 Y000 (DPLSY = pulse and frequency) would give you both speed and position data.

Switching to pulse only PLS Y000 throws out the K30000 K17000 values which may or may not be needed. Doing this will only allow you to control for postion only and not speed.

Why do you want to make this change??

Dan Bentler

Sheryl

Found in another post
""I would like to ask this concern. There are 2 servo motors here, 2 amplifiers also.

At servo 1: There is an open contact for start, followed by another open contact and then DPLSY K30000 K17000 Y000

When I tried to change into an open contact for start, another open contact and the to PLS Y000
The servo will not run anymore. Does it matters with the amplifier setting? I did not change any. Will driving a servo motor from pulses and frequencies (DPLSY command) to a simple pulse (PLS command) need to utter the amplifier setting?"""

So what this means is you now have 3 separate posts on this topic spread over two pages. Now that we have it all together it may be a little simpler. Try to maintain only one thread per topic makes it easier for those of us who are accrued age challenged to keep track.

I would think the DPLSY K30000 K17000 Y000 (DPLSY = pulse and frequency) would give you both speed and position data.

Switching to pulse only PLS Y000 throws out the K30000 K17000 values which may or may not be needed. Doing this will only allow you to control for postion only and not speed.

Dan Bentler

Hi there^_^
Yes, I made a post at other thread (i was thinking others are sleeping already and I badly need someone who could answer, its day time here).

This is the case. The machine is called label applicator. The sticker must be feed synchronize with the CD. The CD from the magazine will drop into the conveyor drive by servo 2. At certain distance travelled by the CD, the sticker is waiting to be fed. If the Cd already pass the conveyor sensor, thats the time servo 1 (for the sticker to be fed) must rotate. Even a few mm gap may ruin the next positioning and may ruin it all. Thats how critical is my homing both for the conveyor (servo 2) and sticker feeder (servo 1).

I cannot (at present) do the timing for my sticker feeder (servo 1) to have an initial homing position before it will be fed. At start up, either manual or auto mode, both conveyor and feeder (servo 1 and 2) must be home. Home means where every cycle must start.

If someting not yet clear, please ask again. Thank you.

Sheryl

Found in another post

Dan Bentler

Regarding on why do I need to make change:

The servo 1 for sticker feeder at start up must be at home position. The currently use command is DPLSY K30000 K17000 YOOO. That will just give me a few mm distance travelled by the servo motor. What I wanted is to keep it running and let the sensor (sensor closed contacts) stop the motor. (whether if it sees a blue or a yellow sticker color). Any command could I use to keep the servo running? The DPLSY I guess is ok but I dont know how to let it run continuously (since it has frequency and pulses). The PLS anyway is good for off to On mode ( 1 pulse).

I wish I could make it more detailed here but its almost time ( need to back at work, its lunch break anyway).
Thank you very much!