RSLogix 5000 Need Help how to use tags.

eshmx1977

Hello all, it's been a long time since I've visited the forum last time, now here is the problem, I work for a big company as Phase 0-3 Controls Engineer as coordinator, however some weeks ago the Phase 0-2 Engineer quit and now I am on charge of their projects, the most urgent is to deliver a Tester Machine, he gave me some information and gave me some tips to complete the program but I am a little rusty in PLC programing, not understanding logig or planing a project, but using the RsLogix 5000 software, he planned the program using the SFC add on of the software, it is supposed he made all the tags that would be used in the program, now my job is only to write the ladder for each block on the SFC but in some transitions I found some tags that I don't know how to use in the ladder, for example, after one block the transition says "Test_All_Sensors_Passed & Test_Sequence.Test_Sensors.dn" I understand, the first it is a bit with the tag "Test_All_Sensors_Passed", if I search this in the program, i find the OTE bit that matches with this tag, but the second one I don't know how to program it in the ladder, there are several transitions using this sytaxis but in my knowlendge of RSLogix 500 I know this ".dn" corresponds to timers, counters, etc, I don't know if they are different used on RSLogix 5000.
Any help will be appreciated.:oops:

Test_Sequence.Test_Sensors.dn

Look for a UDT (User Defined Type) which has a member named Test_Sensors as a timer or counter. (Other instructions have '.dn' bits also, lkie communications instructions, but these are the most likely.) Now look for a tag named 'Test_Sequence' which is of the type which you found. Or go at it the other way around, find the tag then investigate the UDT it is based on. But in any case the '.DN' is equivalent to the /DN in a SLC500 or Micrologix.

Thank you Bernie, I didn't find the tag as UDT, I found it in Controller tags as "Test_Sequence.Test_Sensors.Status" then "Test_Sequence.Test_Sensors.Status" and finally "Test_Sequence.Test_Sensors.DN" as style Decimal type Boolean, I try to find it as a timer or counter but there is nothing, I understand it is used as bit only. Am I correct?
Thanks

The type of boolean says it is a single bit. But so would be the '.dn' bit from a timer. Without examining the entire program, including any UDT (or AOI - I forgot to include) definitions, it's hard to tell the precise usage.