Shutdown the PC from FactoryTalk viwe SE Client

aravindhcute

Is it possible to shut down a PC from within a Factorytalk Viwe SE Client?

The operators at one site want to be able to shut down the PC each night, but with out having to log in as engineer to stop the project ect They suggest just 1 button on the screen somewhere that would stop the project, shut down RSview then shutdown the PC.

It possible (im sure it is with batch files for something, i just need a poke in the right direction)

When you say PC, you mean Personal Computer (versus Programmable Controller)?

Investigate the "shutdown" command which can be placed in a batch file.

I was gunna say, thats exactly the same question that i asked o_O almost like a copy pasta.

I actually gave up with that project however, as they (the operators) decided they need over night trending data, thus the PC stays on.