Gaining experience without the given opportunity?

Just to close the loop on this one, I'll briefly share the experiences of a pal of mine who tried his hardest to get into the Siemens world, succeeded, and then got out:
Turns out that the only thing that moved the needle for him was personal relationships. This became a sad reality to watch as a true Professional Engineer had a tougher time entering the Siemens automation market than his qualifications deserved him.
He did eventually achieve his goal to get into the market, even though it took nearly 2 years.
There are several specifics to his case which TL140 and I have already talked about, but let it be known... Working with the companies that use Siemens automation is as simple as you would think it is. However, we're on the case. The future is very bright.

Similar Topics

I have 8 of these systems all running the same code. Just this one seem to gain about 30 seconds in time everyday. So in 48hrs time will be...
Replies
Views
I've been programming PLCs/ SCADA systems for the past 6 years, including a number of PID loops. I've recently started working for myself and as...
Replies
Views
@ All: what is your best guess on a potential range in increase in efficiency in % (i.e. saved programming hours, greater output, etc.) when...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, has anyone worked with any type of Keyence PLC and could share their experience with it? Vendor showed me camera footage reply of a work...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a customer inquiring about an automation product called uSwitch. I can read all the literature but working experience is always...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom