You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 9th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #1
thomasks
United States

Impinj Speedway RFID reader to PLC over Ethernet

Hi all,
I am trying to interface an Impinj Speedway Revolution R420 reader with a PLC over Ethernet. I have been having a heck of a time finding a PLC that can except the data due to protocol restrictions with the PLC's. Most of the PLC's use Modbus over Ethernet for their communications protocol. The reader uses and LLRP and TCP/IP. What I want to do is capture the RFID tag read data in the PLC. It is 96 bits of hex for each tag and there could be up to 500 tags.
The reader manufacturer wants us to go directly to a host PC running and application that will handle the data. But our application requires the PLC to do this. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Kirk
Old April 15th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #2
louisp
United States

Hi Kirk,
My name is Louis Parker, a Sr. Field Application Engineer with Impinj. I'm responding a bit late to your post here but I came across it while researching a similar topic, did you get this resolved? You can contact me directly to let me know louis.parker@impinj.com
In brief, Impinj has a number of partners we work with (i.e. Omnitrol) that help integrate RFID and PLC control.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum