Need to read the program from a Toshiba EX28B

kmnadler

Hi all:

I have a customer with two Toshiba EX28B PLC's. They had identical programs. One of them lost its program. I purchased a used EX2040PRGD LCD Programmer. I am trying to upload the program from the good PLC to the Programmer and then download back to the bad PLC. The Programmer manual describes how to write a program to the PLC but I don't see anywhere that you can read from the PLC. Before I go back to the customer can anyone help with this simple(?) process?

Thanks for your help!

ken

I'm not at all sure the programmer saves the program into itself after power down.
Do you have an EEPROM module to store the program on? Here is that part number, EX2040RM66. If so, see section 9 of this manual:
http://www.toshiba.com/ind/data/tag_files/EX100 Users Manual_513.pdf
The manual is about 13 megs in size.
CMD 40 thru 43 allow transfer from the PLC and the EEPROM. There are other ways but I dont have that info in front of me. It is much easier with the software and interface module.
Also search the forum for EX40 toshiba.

Last edited:
Did you ever get this resolved? I might have an EEPROM laying around somewhere.

Turns out the two PLCs do not have identical programs. The customer believes there is an identical system about 50 miles away. He's trying to contact the owners. If the owners of the other system are willing to work with us we're back in business.

Use the DOS Toshiba software - cutler hammer

Use the DOS Toshiba software - cutler hammer software to extract.