Beckhoff TwinCAT 3, understading Worker Tasks

jorgenh

Hi, In the newest version of twincat, it is possible to assign a program to a worker task - but I can not find any information about the difference between worker tasks and normal tasks.

The documentation on infosys is very limitied.

Does any on you know how to use worker tasks in TwinCAT 3?

I have used TwinCAT3 since it came out (sporadically) and haven't seen anything termed "worker task" vs "normal task". The task views I know of are in the Project tree where it shows the priorities of different tasks - your PLC code, System Idle task, ... I have never fooled around there and when I did, never noticed a difference in how the code ran. I just use the default setup since.

What release are you seeing this (Build 4020 is latest I've used) and where are you seeing it?

Last edited: